Before you decide to invest in rooftop solar project, it’s important to know which type of rooftop solar system will work for you, which are the top solar PV manufacturers in India . Each solar system has its own benefits and limitations, and it is very important to gain a real understanding of these before you invest in a potentially expensive solar PV system.
Types of rooftop solar system
Based on the type rooftop can be categorized in 3 types:
On-Grid Rooftop Systems
On-grid model consist of grid connected rooftop system which is connected to the grid and feed the surplus electricity to grid. Extra electricity is sold to electrical company through the net metering. Subsequently when consumer imports power from grid, the banked electricity is adjusted, leads to help electricity bills down. This is the most economically viable system as there is no requirement to install a battery bank.
1. These system do not coupled with the battery bank, Which bring down the cost.
2. No battery bank required, so low maintenance cost.
3. Savings from the system lead to a payback period of up to 5 years. After that, you get free power for 15 more years.
1. Not suitable for areas with poor grid connectivity or have irregular power supply.
Off-grid Rooftop Systems
1. Main advantage of system is that they can even supply electricity if weather is not sunny outside.
Hybrid rooftop system
Hybrid rooftop system combines the benefits of both on-grid system and off-grid system. System is connected to the grid and battery bank. It is the most useful type of system for houses, bunglows, nursing homes and other smaller establishments. Hybrid system stores energy to battery bank and send extra electricity to the grid if battery bank is full and there is no sufficient load.
It allows for the system to provide 6-7 hours of backup for part of the load during power cuts while still delivering the benefits of a grid-tied system.
Savings from the system lead to a payback period of up to 7 years. After that you get free power for 13 more years.